Joe Lieberman Ned Lamont
Former supporters of Joe Lieberman who support the 2006 Connecticut Democratic Party senate nominee!

Thursday, August 10

Connecticut Senator Chris Dodd

Yesterday, Connecticut Democratic voters went to the polls to elect candidates to represent our party in general election contests this fall.

I congratulate all of the candidates for waging vigorous campaigns about important issues. These clean, issues-based campaigns are a hallmark of campaigns in our Democratic party and in our state.

Another hallmark of our campaigns is that we Democrats typically unite behind nominees elected by Democratic voters. It is in keeping with that tradition that I join Rosa DeLauro, John Larson, and other Connecticut Democrats in declaring my support for the Democratic slate of candidates who will face the voters this November. That decision includes the race for the United States Senate.

I supported Joe Lieberman in the primary. Like many other Democrats, it was my view that Joe had compiled a strong record on Democratic priorities, like good jobs and a healthier environment. He's a good friend, a good Senator, and a good Democrat.

But now the voters of our party have spoken -- and I respect their decision. For that reason, I have congratulated Ned Lamont on his victory in the primary, and pledged to help in any way I can to secure his victory in the general election this fall. He has earned the right to represent our party and I believe he will be an outstanding candidate for the Senate. I hope Connecticut voters will support him on Election Day in November

- Senator Chris Dodd
SOURCE: Email from Dodd Staff